Monday, February 27, 2012

#16 take 2 coffee who

So I have to continue a thought process I had in the last post (WHICH WAS SO FUN TO DO BTW!) that was spurred by Mr. Minor (check out his funny blog here).  It's the difference between a GEEK and a NERD and the varying levels of the two.

So since I am still drinking Mr. momentum coffee...meh....(hey I can't be wasting coffee...even $4 MEH coffee! Onion was the only one I DID throw out though),  I will elaborate.

I do have a mug that ties this all in, so I title this one:
NERD LONG AND GEEK ON



The mug i have is my awesome OMEGA BROADCAST COMPANY mug with a VULCAN ear handle!!!! SO COOL!  This is one of the sweetest AV companies in Austin for sure. My Geek is coming out on this one ;) This is the place to be if you need anything related to video production, duplication, or editing (video, photo, you name it) they even have a green screen studio in house....again SO COOL. And the owner David Fry and his wife Pam are the sweetest people, for real.  And YES I do have a gel neck wrap...it's been a morning that DEMANDS coffee...and THERAPY.  Somehow I stayed up till 2 watching my husband play Fall out 3 New Vegas on the PS3....I blacked out between 12 and 2 right after he got radiation suits for his new posse that will break into the fire station to get....something...All I remember is yellow RAD suit, a pip boy, some 40s music and V.A.T.S.  again playing to the geek, side of things.

SO LET'S GET DOWN TO IT! YEEE HAWW!!!!

Via Urban Dictonary (cause the real one isn't as fun)
Nerd - One whose IQ exceeds his weight. A person who gains pleasure from amassing large quantities of knowledge about subjects often too detailed or complicated for most other people to be bothered with.



Geek - A geek does not have to be smart, a Geek is someone who is generally not athletic, and enjoys Video Games; Comic Books; being on the internet, and etc.


After reading these great definitions, I can't help but think I am a bit more on the Geek side of things than Nerd personally, but there are still things bout me that I know isn't LEVEL 1 Geek. So let's do a quick break down.


         






And there you have it people! Of course there are so many more intricacies of each category, but seriously, I have been trying to type this stinking thing all day....I'm DONE!


And what am I Thankful for?

Dorks

All the social awkwardness of geeks and nerds, minus any of the smarts. Hey we have to make fun of someone right? (and yes, I do have a little Dork somewhere in my blood!)

4 comments:

  1. You mUST be entertaining if even a coffee hater reads your blog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, this was a fun one to do. Glad you are entertained by my geekiness!

      Delete
  2. Now, I am really confused. I am pretty balance across the two. I have no idea what I am.

    OR

    Maybe I am some new breed of Uber-Nerd Mega Geek.

    All the lesser nerds and geeks should follow my every command. I have found my place in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your along the lines of a mutant...maybe not the x-men or Heroes type...but a Nerk. yes... a NERK!!!! HAHA!

      Delete

You should comment. I am an affirmation girl, so even if it's shallow and fake, I will TAKE IT!!! Or if you hate it, you will just give me good material for another blog post so.... COMMENT OR DIE!!! ( that was a bit harsh, but i really do like comments...thanks!)